Friday, June 20, 2008

Facial - relaxing or not?

A few months ago I was lucky enough to win an award through work. Part of my winnings included a gift certificate to the spa of my choice. So - I chose to go to Kimberley's. Anyway - my choice of service was a "Cranberry Creme Facial." As you can imagine it smelled like cranberries and it was very creamy.


The facial was very relaxing and nice. However - mid-way through the facial, I started thinking about chemicals. I was thinking about this because the girls and I have been having a lot of conversations about chemicals that are in lotions, sunscreen, diapers and in plastic. So - mid-way through the facial, I started wondering if all the products that were on my face had parabens in them. Then I started thinking that I probably shouldn't have gotten a facial when I was pregnant because if the product had parabens - then all of this was getting soaked in to my body and my baby was getting infected with toxins!



So - the moral of the story was that the facial was relaxing. However, my mind never stops working. So - did I fully relax? Not really. But - do I ever fully relax? Not really. Anyway - at least my skin is soft and I smell good!

1 comment:

The G Family said...

Congrats again on the reward again. We gotta work on teaching you to relax!