Monday, March 15, 2010

Running

I have to admit that this running thing is getting easier. I clocked a route around my neighborhood and it turns out that I have an easy and direct route that is exactly 1 mile! Tonight I headed out and ran the loop TWO times. For clarification - that means I did TWO miles. That's right folks. TWO miles!

Now before you get all excited, I didn't actually RUN the entire two miles. But -I am making progress. I started out with a 5 minute walk to warm up. Then I ran for 2 minutes and walked for 1 minute and alternated like that for the entire two miles. The last 1/4 mile was tough - but kept with it and managed to finish. I was pleased.

I am feeling that it is getting easier as I build my stamina. This running thing may be a good thing after all! I may have a super cool runner in me after all.

No comments: