Thursday, September 2, 2010

Another run

On Labor Day I am running my fourth 5K. This time it's the SEFCU 5K run over near SUNY. From what I have heard, it's an easy course. Also - the cause is a good one - Gilda's Club. I figured, "why not?" I am running it with a few friends and the weather is looking perfect! Plus - it was only $9! That is by far the cheapest race I have run yet. (Most of them are in the $20 range).

I have been trying to up my mileage lately. My biggest success was last Friday night when I ran outside with Janis. We ran 6 miles. It took us 1 hour and 12 minutes. Yikes. Since then, I have done shorter runs and I have been forced to do them on the treadmill since it is blazing hot outside.

My Bondi Bands also arrived. Bondi Bands are cool little things you wear on your head so it keeps the sweat from dripping in your eyes. I purchased two. One says "Breathe" and the other says "Focus." I chose those two because those are my mantras. Breathe while I run and focus on the goal.

After all - that's what it's all about! Breathing and focusing. Have a good Thurday!

No comments: