Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Foot

I haven't run in a week. But - tomorrow - I am running. It's the marathon relay and I am running the 6 mile leg. My foot still hurts. In fact, it hurt so much yesterday that I went to urgent care. I was there for 2 hours. They took an x-ray and the doctor actually said I have a healthy looking foot! That was the good news. The bad news is that he thinks I have plantar fascitis.

That basically means that I have to ice it. Which I have been doing all week. And I have been putting the heating pad on it. It seems to be a bit better. It is really only hurting me in the afternoon now and at night. I am hoping I can get through this run tomorrow.

And more importantly, I am hoping to get my foot back on track so I can keep training for the half marathon...

No comments: