Saturday, February 5, 2011

Rough Running Week

It was a rough running week last week. The main reason was that I was in Denver. I knew it was going to be tricky - but I already had planned to run on Monday. I arrived early enough in the day where I was able to get my 4.5 mile run in. I have to admit that it was rough. I was tired from my flight and from waking up at 4 AM to catch my crack-ass-of dawn flight. And then I had to take in the fact that I was in the "mile-high" city. What I learned - running with the altitude is not fun. By mile 2, I was wiped out. I kept it going though and managed to finish. Yay to me!

I was planning to run my 2nd run of the week on Wednesday. We had a break between the last session and our team dinner. I thought I could bang out my 4 miles. Wrong. By the end of the day, I was so tired - that I just wanted to go lay down and take a power nap. Needless to say - there was no second run.

I arrived home late Thursday night and I just knew that I had to get my butt to the gym to do my missed run. And so I did. But - I wasn't feeling it. I cut my run short by 1 mile and only ran 3 miles. I felt guilty. But - I gave myself a break. After all, I had been traveling all week, and I was tired. Aren't I allowed to be tired? Anyway - tomorrow is my long run. I am scheduled to run 8.5 miles. Let's hope the weather cooperates.

No comments: