Thursday, March 31, 2011

Last minute thoughts

One day! That's it. One more day and it will be race day. How will I ever sleep?

I am so excited. I am also a nervous wreck. And I am worried about the weather. Because you know - I didn't have enough to worry about. But now I am worried about actually getting to Queens. Because it's supposed to snow something like 1-3 inches. Or maybe 5-9 inches. Or 6-12 inches. That's the funny thing. No one seems to know what the heck it's going to do. Since I have become a weather stalker this week, I have heard multiple forecasts and basically I just don't know who to believe. But, we all know that we can't control the weather. One way or another, I will get to Queens.

So instead of weather-worrying, I will obsess about my running outfit for the race. And I will obsess about getting to the start line on time. And of course, I will obsess about if I should use my Ipod or not during the race. Oh goodness. I am such a good worrier. Too bad that it can't be a full time job.

It's so funny. I never thought I would be in this place where I am about to run 13 miles. I just never thought that would be in the cards for me. I just really had no interest in it and the idea of running never even crossed my mind. But yet, running did come into my life thanks to the Happy Runner. Check her blog out here- http://thehappyrunner.blogspot.com/

Anyway - it's funny how things come into your life and we just embrace them, love them, and even become passionate about them. That's what happened with running. I don't always like it. In fact, sometimes I curse it. But yet - I can't stop. I have become a newbie running addict. And in two days - I will be a runner who has run her first half marathon. And that's pretty damn cool!

2 comments:

Felice Devine said...

Aww...thanks for the love, my friend. Couldn't be happier that you've taken this on. You're going to have a terrific race. And just think: Instant PR!!!

Darlene said...

You said it perfectly. While I'm running, I hate it and when I'm finished, I'm plannning my next run??? It's an addiction but a good one!