Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Lights, the city, and a mish-mash of stuff

It has been a while since I blogged. I have been busy.
Of course, I have also had a little fun.
Last Wednesday, I went to NYC to check out the windows. My friend Kara, her friend Mary, and I hopped aboard Amtrak and we arrived at Penn Station at 10:30. We met up with Kara's sister and her friends and made it a day. We checked out the windows, did some shopping, ate some lunch, and saw the tree. I haven't been to the city at Christmas time in years! It was fabulous! I was back home by 7 PM. It was a quick day. But, we packed it in and did a lot. I think I have to get Maddie down there next year. She would love it!

Today we had some lights installed. Brian and I decided that instead of getting presents for each other, we would do something for the house. So we decided to change out the ugly brass chandelier in our foyer for something a little more tasteful.
I love it!!!

The new light!
While we were at it - we decided to add lights on the side of the garage. I think it looks pretty good!

Loving my lights!

Anyway - I am very excited about my new lights. Especially the chandelier in the foyer. The old light looked like this:

The old brass light. 

Meanwhile, I spent most of Saturday cooking up a storm. I made my freezer meals for this month. My recipe this month is chicken noodle soup. I also made some cookies with Maddie. Whew. Talk about spending all day in the kitchen!

This weekend will be a busy one. Aidan  turns 4 tomorrow and we are having a family party on  Saturday. How did my baby boy grow up already???

No comments: