Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Summer mish-mosh and a marathon

Hello. How has your summer been? It has been a month since I blogged. In fact, I think we had just returned from Jamaica. Damn. I wish I was back there. Anyway. Time has gotten a way from me  - once again. What's been going on in my corner of the world?

Well - the summer has been creeping racing by.

We spent an afternoon on the boat in Lake George one afternoon. That's always a great time with my dad and his BFF. It was a little dicey with the weather when we first got there. But, then we lucked out, and the sun came out.




Aidan and I took one last trip to Hoffman's. It is so sad that it is closing. My little dude had a great afternoon. He went on the rides. We had some ice cream. It was a perfect Mommy-Aidan date.
Aidan and me on the train.
We dog sat our favorite dogs. Molly and Sam came to stay with us for almost two weeks while their owners were on an awesome trip to Alaska.

Sam and Molly. The cutest dogs. Ever.





In between that, we have been dealing with the project going on in our backyard, and had some swim dates with friends and family, and now we are getting ready for our annual beach trip which is coming up quickly! This year we are headed to Virginia!

Anyway - in other news. I think I am going to run the FULL marathon in October. Yeah. Something clicked about a month ago and it was like a switch turned on in my head. All of a sudden, I just wanted to do it. I am already registered for the half - so it's just a matter of switching over to the full. It has been more than two years since the New Jersey Marathon, and I think it's time to redeem myself. We all know that marathon was a bit of a disaster since I injured myself at mile 17 and had to walk EIGHT miles to the finish. But that was then. This is now. I am a stronger runner. And smarter. And I have a new strategy in place that I think will help me. So, now it's just a matter of switching my registration over to the full. Which I will be doing. After Saturday's 16 mile run. GULP!  Clearly I have crossed over to the land of the crazy runners.

Hope you are having a great summer. Enjoy...

1 comment:

Felice Devine said...

You are way stronger and way smarter! Do it!!!!!!!

Nice pic of you and Aidan :-)