Thursday, April 9, 2020

It's been a while

Hello, my friends... it has been a while. I think it has probably been at least 2 years since I last blogged. And now, today, I decided to start writing again. I figured, there is no time like the present to start blogging again.  I mean - we are in the middle of a pandemic. We are stuck at home and we have lots of time.  And blogging might help me get my thoughts out there and act as a coping mechanism.

So - here I am. Back at the blog. I have to admit, I almost forgot how to log in to my blog. But - I figured it out. So - it's all good.

I think we are on week 4 of staying at home. It is all blurring together. But, surprisingly the days are flying by. One of the things I have been trying to do is reach out to people to make connections. I randomly face-timed a friend today out of the blue. She answered and it was nice to surprise her and see a face. I phoned a friend yesterday to check in. After we hung up, she texted me and thanked me for calling her. I face time my parents daily. My college friends and I have a weekly zoom call. These connections would never have happened if not for Corona. It's a blessing in the midst of this craziness.

So - trying to keep it positive - these are some more of my blessings. And believe me, despite this craziness, I have found a lot of blessings!

1. I am cooking healthy balanced meals on a consistent basis. Pre-corona - I tried to cook balanced meals. But, let's face it. Life gets busy and it's hard to cook meals when we are running all over the place. Staying at home has made me focus on cooking good meals with a starch, a protein, and a veggie.  I am rocking this.

2. I am able to work from home again. Many of you know I worked from home for 11 years. Then- 2 years ago, I had a job change that forced me to go back to an office. Recently I had another job change where I am still in an office. But now thanks to Corona I am able to work at home. I forgot how much I love working from home, and now I am able to be there for my kids and make sure they are doing their school work during this time.

3. I am running more. Since, I can no longer go to the gym, I am running outside more. I am probably averaging 25 miles a week which I haven't done in a very long time. It almost makes me wonder if I should train for a full marathon. Or not. But anyway - it feels good to be hitting the pavement and getting my endurance back on a daily basis.

4. I get to hang out with my adorable dog all day. If you know me - you know I am dog lover. And I love my dog. I think I love him as much as my kids. He is my baby and he follows me everywhere. He is like my shadow. I seriously can't even go take a shower without him following me. It's so nice to be able to hang out with my best bud all day.

5. If Corona had to happen - this was probably a good time of year for it. Let's face it...this would suck a thousand times more if it was happening in the dead of winter. Or what if it was Christmas time? At least the weather is getting nicer. The days are longer. We can be outside. It's somewhat bearable.

6. We can catch up on our shows. Since Corona started, we have caught up on "Homeland", "Ozark", and we even managed to watch another series called "Containment."  Lots of TV time!

7. I have realized the value of human connection. This Corona thing has made me realize that humans need interaction. We are need touch. We need love. Isolation has put it all in perspective. I will never take something as simple as a hug, or sitting face to face with someone for granted again.




No comments: