Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sleep? Who are you kidding!

We pulled out of our driveway at 5 AM - on the button. The idea was to leave early so we didn't end up in bumper to bumper traffic on the Garden State parkway. The other idea was so Maddie would sleep for at least 2 hours.

However that didn't happen. She was the last thing we put in the car and I envisioned a drowsy toddler still warm with sleep and she would just blissfully snuggle back into her car seat and sleep like the little angel that she is.

Ha.

She woke up and we got her in the car seat still in her Princess nightgown. We put her pink blanket around her and she had her special pillow that she needs to sleep with. Within 5 minutes she was asking for "The Little Mermaid". I told her no. I knew that if I started a movie she would never fall asleep. Minutes after that she told me she was hungry. I spent most of the ride giving her cheerios, cereal bars, juice boxes and other items that I will refrain from mentioning because I am embarrassed to admit that I gave my daughter such non-healthy food.

She finally fell alseep about 3 hours into the ride on the Garden State Parkway for about 15 minutes. And that was her nap for the entire day. Ahhh. The joys of traveling with a 3 year old.

No comments: