Tuesday, April 28, 2009

To Build or not To Build - that is the question!

Did you know that if you want, you can have someone come and assemble a swingset for you? Since we are in swingset mode over here at the Graber household - I saw an ad on Craigslist that caught my eye. A person who is very familiar with playsets will come over to your house and put together the whole thing! In one day! All for the low, low price of $ 325! Ha. Not really a low price. Not so much.

However, that being said, I know it takes a long time to put a swingset together. Hours. Maybe even days. So - this guy can do it for $300? Not bad. It would be done. Brian wouldn't have to stress about it. Not that he's stressing. Not my husband. Brian is very capable and handy and would do a fantastic job! However, do I really want him wasting our precious weekend days putting the swingset together? Not really. More importantly, does he really want to waste precious weekend days? Probably not! I mean, he could be doing so many other things. Like cutting the lawn, painting the trim in our bedroom, or planting privacy bushes along the fence.

On the other side, I do feel that the building the swingset project is a "daddy rite of passage." After all, I gave birth and that is a mommy rite of passage - right??? So - shouldn't all daddy's have to labor over the swingset and figure out which bolt goes where? Probably!

We shall see what happens. I guess I will let Brian make the final decision.

No comments: