Thursday, February 25, 2010

EcoMaids Cleaning

You are all going to be very jealous when I tell you this. But - I recently, I was lucky enough to get a free cleaning from EcoMaids. I know. Don't hate me too much. What a nice treat for me!! Lucky, lucky me! In exchange for this special treat, I agreed to blog about the experience.

EcoMaids has been green cleaning in the Capital Region since May 2008. Their products and services are safe for kids, pets and our planet. They use Green Seal Certified cleaning solutions, and methods, multi-level HEPA-filtered vacuums, and microfiber tools and cloths. Their employees are screened, bonded and insured, and trained in the most progressive green cleaning techniques.

I had three cleaners come to my house for two hours. Erin, Marion and Kim arrived around 10 AM and stayed for a little more than 2 hours. They arrived in the slushy rain/snow with tons of cleaning products including mops, dusters, and vacuums. I gave them a walk-through of the house and explained my problem areas - particularly my Brazillian hardwood floors that I have a love-hate relationship with. After I gave them the walk-through, I disappeared down to my office and let them do their magic.

They did not disappoint. Two hours later, I came upstairs to a clean-smelling house that was spotless! My entire main floor was cleaned which included our great room, dining room, kitchen, foyer, mudroom and half-bath. In addition, they also cleaned my 2 upstairs bathrooms. I was especially excited about the master bath shower being cleaned. For some reason, I can never get my shower door to look totally spotless. EcoMaids took care of that. When they left, I had a shiny, sparkling clean shower - inside and out. Erin told me that they used a special natural pumice that effectively removed the hard water stains.

As for my hardwood floors - I was very pleased with what they did. Normally when I clean my hardwood floors, I have to get down on my hands and knees and use a wet towel and then immediately dry them with a dry towel. Otherwise, I will get streaks. Whatever EcoMaids used on my floors - was a miracle! They look clean and shiny and brand new! And they didn't have to get on their hands and knees. They used a special mop with special floor pads and an all natural hardwood floor cleaner. Even my hubby commented that he was pleased when he came home for lunch.

Everything else was great. Erin wanted me to do a walk-through after they were finished and if everything wasn't to my satisfaction - then they would do it over. Everything looked great to me. The toliets were cleaned, my kitchen sink was spotless and they even had dusted along the baseboards and around the moldings of the closets and doorways. It was very thorough.

The EcoMaids are headquartered in Albany, New York, but they have recently opened several franchises across the United States. Click here to see all of their locations.

If you live in any of these areas, and you need someone to come in and clean for you, the EcoMaids come highly recommended. I am so lucky to have received this special treat! Thanks EcoMaids!!!

No comments: