Sunday, February 7, 2010

Summer Camp

It's that time of year again. Even though the temperature outside is frigid - it's time to start thinking about summer camp. Last year, Maddie went to the our town camp. Due to her age, she could only go 3 days a week for 3 hours a day. It was a bit inconvenient - but we made it work because it was only $100 for the entire 6-week session. Then on the off-days and hours, she went to Mrs. G's house.

This year, I am in search of an all-day camp. The town next to us has an all-day camp that allows kids to go there starting at age 5. It is basically all day and it is $257 for 3-week sessions. Not bad. That equals out to $85 per week. My dad suggested I call the YMCA to find out about their camp. I did. I couldn't believe the price. It was $190 per week. Yikes!

I am also looking at a camp at a private school that is near our house. They charge $165 per week and I am thinking of having her go there for the last 2 weeks of the summer. Their summer camp is broken down in 2-week sessions - so it would be easy for her to go there for the last 2 weeks of the summer once the town camp ends. The cool thing about that camp is that there are certain themes that the 2-week session focuses on. Examples include Dr. Seuss, Under the Big Top, Fairy Tales and Cooking.

Ah. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: