Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Friday Run

My running plan for this past week included three runs. One run was 30 minutes, the other was 35 minutes and the final run of the week was 50 minutes. Yes. I kid you not. 50 Minutes. As in, 5-0. As in, almost ONE HOUR. Yikes.

I checked in with Felice to make sure that the 50 minutes was not some type of crazy typo. She told me that indeed it was not and that I would reap the benefits of doing a long run.

Off I went to the gym on Friday night after Brian got home from work. I started my warm up and was secretly dreading that fact that I was going to be running/walking for almost an hour. How was I going to do this? Usually my workout routines consisted of 20-30 minutes. I don't think I had ever worked out for almost an hour. Ever. In my life. I am a 20 minute kind of girl. In and out of the gym. That's me.

Needless to say, I plugged through my workout. 10 minutes passed, and then 20, and then I got to 30. I was losing a little bit of steam and I was wondering how I was going to keep going for 20 more minutes. I kept going though and finally ran out of steam at about 45 minutes. Not bad. Right? Most of the time I was running for 3 minutes and walking for 1 minute. However, there were a few times in there where I had to run for only 2 minutes because of the stitch in my side.

Anyway, I was pretty pleased with what I did. I managed to do 3.1 miles in 45 minutes.

No comments: