Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Running Watch Dilemma

Brian gave me a Tech 40 running watch for my birthday. The thing is - I didn't actually have it in my hands. He ordered it for me and it didn't arrive in time for my birthday. Then, he got an email last night saying that the order was cancelled because they didn't have any in stock. Poof. Just like that - my birthday present was gone. Gone before I ever got it!

Anyway - I am desperate to get a running watch. I am sick of wearing my everyday watch and using the second-hand to time myself. I need something that is more accurate, tracks distance and tracks time. What I really want is the Garmin. It's the KING of all watches and has a GPS - so it really tracks mileage in a VERY accurate way. However, it's kind of pricey. Brian wasn't about to get me the Garmin since I am just starting this whole running thing.

So - my question is this. What do I do? Do I just suck it up and get a cheap running watch? One that doesn't have a GPS and track mileage? Or - do I get the Garmin? I really want the Garmin. I really do. But - I do see Brian's point. I have only been running for 6 weeks. I haven't even run the race yet. I just feel like the Garmin would make me a better runner. I am a visual person. I like to see the minutes tick by - and more importantly - I like to see how far I go. It makes me keep going and it's a great motivator.

What to do?

No comments: