Tuesday, April 6, 2010

To run or not to run

Do I bring my running stuff with me to Arizona? Will I run? Is it worth it to pack all the extra stuff?

These are the questions that I face this week as I start to pack.

I mean, let's face it. I really want to bring my running stuff. My sneakers, my Ipod, my workout shorts, my sports bra and my favorite workout shirt keep eyeing me and I imagine them saying, "Take me! Take me!"

I really have the best of intentions of running while I am gone for 6 long days. However, the reality is that it probably won't happen.

Time is limited while I am out in Arizona. The days start at 7:30 AM and are jam packed until 5:30 PM. Then it's time for dinner. And then it's bed time. Keep in mind that Arizona is THREE hours behind us. Because of this, it makes it difficult to get up BEFORE the 10 hour day starts and do any form of exercise. I just will be plain exhausted.

However, I really need to get at least 1 run in. Otherwise, I fear that I will return and not be able to run at all! I need to keep up my momentum. In reality, I could run on Monday morning. Sessions don't start until Monday at 1:30 PM and I am arriving on Sunday. Okay. So - I could do that. But is it worth it to bring my heavy sneakers to run just ONE time? Then there is the fact that if I run, then I will have sweaty running clothes to bring home. And that's just icky, and gross and it skeeves me out.

I should mention that I am not checking luggage as I am trying to be a light packer. Mmmm. What to do, what to do?

No comments: