Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Heat

We are getting a taste of July weather in here in New York. And it's only May. Two weeks ago I had the heat on in my house. Now, we have the AC on!

Today I was scheduled to run 3 miles. I debated about going to the gym tonight and running the 3 miles on the treadmill in the nice, cold air conditioning. That would have been the logical choice. That would have been the most sensible option. That would have been the best idea. But no. I decided to brave the heat and run outside. I headed out about 7:30 PM. I managed to run 1 mile. And then I called it quits. There was no way I was going to make it another TWO miles. It just wasn't going to happen. I had sweat pouring down my face and my face was red. Very red. I looked a bit overheated.

I went home and told Brian I was going to have to repeat this run in the morning. In the early morning! Before it gets too hot. I need to get those 3 miles in. It's a must! Wish me luck!

No comments: