Monday, May 24, 2010

Final Stretch

We are in the last 2 weeks of our training for the race. My running plan only calls for three runs this week. I completed my first run of the week today on my lunch hour. The plan called for me to run 25 minutes. Easy. I have done 25 minute runs before. No problem.

Think again. I made it about 1.25 miles and then the side stitch hit. There is no rhyme or reason for these side stitches. I get them when I eat. I get them when I don't eat. I get them when I run downhill. I get them when I run uphill. They just come whenever. It's rather annoying. I just hope I don't get any on race day.

So - back to my run. I stopped and paused my Nike+ Ipod and stood on the road and breathed deeply. I waited about 1 minute. Then I started again. After 2 minutes - I stopped running and walked. I walked for about 3 minutes. Then I finished the run. It just wasn't good. Not good at all. Just one of those runs. Perhaps it was the heat. Perhaps it was the fact that I had some trail mix 1 hour before I ran. Perhaps, it's just cruddy luck.

Oh well. Here's hoping for a better run on Wednesday.

No comments: