Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday

I decided to do something kind of nutty. I took off every Friday afternoon for the entire summer! How cool is that? I have a lot of time to use and I thought, "What the heck am I saving it for?"

Maddie doesn't have camp on Friday and Aidan is home - so I figured - why not?? Today was my first official afternoon off. I took the kids to the library. They were showing dog movies and then had doggie crafts and snacks. They munched on their snacks and watched 3 mini-movies and then we colored some dog bones. They had a great time.

After that, we met with a potential babysitter. This teenager lives right around the corner from us and I figured it was time to find a neighborhood babysitter so we aren't always relying on our parents for a night out. She came over for about an hour, met the kids and we chatted. I have to say, I was quite impressed. She was very mature and just an all-around good kid. I definitely think there will be more movie and dinners out now that I have a babysitter in our neighborhood!

Anyway - back to my Friday afternoons. I am very excited. I plan to take the kids to Snyder's Lake Beach and do other fun things... Fun Fridays! That's what summer is all about! Have a great weekend. We have a pool party/cookout to go to tomorrow and I would love to try and make it to the Troy Pigout on Sunday or the Open House at the track... We shall see what the weekend brings us!

No comments: