Friday, July 30, 2010

Grammy's Jewelry Box

Ever since I have started doing this gold consultant thing - I have been bugging my mom to see if she has anything to sell. She claimed that she didn't. She told me that she wore all of her jewelry and she had sold a bunch of gold a long time ago.

Anyway, I was over at my parent's house the other day, and I ventured into her room. It turns out my mom has THREE jewelry boxes. Yes folks. Three. Not one. Not two. But three. And all three are FULL of jewelry. When I lived at home, I guess I knew more about what kind of jewelry my mom had. I would float in and out of her room and always meander through her jewelry box. If I was really lucky, she would let me wear something. If it was an extra special occasion, I might even be allowed to wear that extra special thing that I had to swear on my life that I would guard and not break.

But now that I have my own house, I haven't even looked in her jewelry box for many years. What a mistake that was! There were lots and lots of things to discover.

Maddie, myself and my mom had fun looking through her treasures. She has a drawer that is just for turquoise. She has a drawer that has pearls. She has all sorts of colored clunky beads and stainless steel and silver. And the gold. Oh yes. She has lots of gold that she was just not willing to sell because she wears it. That's okay though. I actually walked away with a pile of jewelry that I can wear and when she wants it back - I will give it back. I was thinking that I needed some new clunky jewelry and a visit to my mom's jewelry box gave me a whole new redesign!

Maddie had a ball looking at all Grammy's jewels. She tried lots of necklaces on and was having a ball. Funny, how sometimes the most fun is discovering Grammy's treasures right in her house!

No comments: