Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Fresh Market

Unless you have been under a rock, you probably know that Latham has a new grocery store. It's called The Fresh Market and it is AMAZING!

If you haven't been yet - I highly suggest you go! However, don't go on a weekend. And don't bring your kids. It's the type of place where you want to take your time and wander through the aisles. Plus - it's not that big. You don't want kiddies holding you back from all the amazing stuff!

Yesterday I went because I was in Latham and I popped in. Brian wanted me to pick up some granola and some potato salad. I took my time and took in all the sights and sounds and smells and had a grand old time. Besides the granola and potato salad, I bought some organic jelly, a piece of raspberry cheesecake and 2 mini-canolis. YUM!

I could spend all my money in there. They have all sorts of pita chips, a bulk candy aisle, a nut aisle and the cheese! Oh my. Such a lovely assortment of cheeses. They even have a grinder where you can grind peanuts and make your own natural homemade peanut butter! The produce is lovely and most stuff is organic. It can be a bit pricey. For instance, their Arnold Bread is $4.00 per loaf. I know I can get it at Walmart for $2.50. Bananas are .99 per pound. Walmart has them for .49 per pound. That's a huge difference. Regardless, I could buy all sorts of stuff - but I restrained. I managed to spend only $16. We thoroughly enjoyed our cheesecake and canolis last night!

My only wish is that it was located over here in North Greenbush! We need something like that over on this side of the river.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I was wondering if you tried the desserts. Went last Friday night and got cupcakes and tiramisu, yum! I keep sending requests to Trader Joe's to put a location in NG, I think that dead plaza at the corner of 4 & 43 would be a perfect spot!