Monday, October 18, 2010

10K

My first 10K is on Saturday. I am happy that some of my running buddies will be running it with me. Janis, Jen F. and Darlene will all be pounding the pavement up in Saratoga at the race.

I am nervous. I have to admit that I don't feel as "trained" as I did for my first 5K. I have run 6 miles just one time. I have run 4 and 5 miles numerous times. So - I know I can make it to the 6.2 mark. I tried to run another 6 miles this past weekend, but it didn't pan out. It was cold out, my nose was running and I called it at 4 miles. UGH. I really hope I can do this.

Janis swears that as long as we run SLOW - then we can do it. I think it will take us about 70 minutes to do it. I think also the excitement of the race and running with my friends will carry me through. But I can still be nervous. I think I might be a 5K kind of girl. I like the idea of banging them out in 29 minutes. That is do-able. But - 60-70 minutes of running? YIKES! And if I ever want to run a half marathon - (that is 13.1) - then I really need to get over the fact that 6 miles is far. Because it's not. I mean really. What's 6 miles? Nada.

No comments: