Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Deals and Steals

I love a good deal. I really do. In the past week, I have been scoring some sweet deals.

The first - is the Garmin Forerunner 205. I have been eyeing this running watch for months. Basically, I have been eyeing it since I started running and even knew what it was. Felice has one and it's so cool. It tells you exactly how far you have run (since it has a GPS) and it is just a handy, dandy running tool. I have been looking and studying them for a while. They usually run about $140 and up depending on the model. Well - last week - it went on sale for $98 on Amazon. I was estatic. I whipped out the credit card and bought it. It should arrive on Thursday and I am anxiously awaiting it.

My other great deal was a train table for Aidan for Christmas. I have been saying that I wanted to get him a train table for his 2nd birthday and Christmas. All little boys should have a train table! Right? Anyway - the one I wanted from Toys R Us runs about $170. Yikes. Not cheap. I wasn't convinced I wanted to fork out that kind of money for my 2 year old. So - I was looking on Craigslist for a used one. And every once in a while I would check the Toys R Us web site. On Saturday, they were running a deal. Not only was it on sale for $130 but it was -buy one, get one half off! Janis is also getting a train table for Dean for Christmas. So - we went in on it together. When it was all said and done - we each paid $105. Not bad! Now of course, Brian has to put it togther. Luckily, Christmas is still 2 months away!

And that's that. I love sales. I love finding a great deal.

Fun stuff!

No comments: