Friday, December 31, 2010

Miles logged

It's a time of reflection since it's New Year's Eve. And I am reflecting on mileage. Many of my running friends had goals in 2010 to run 1000 miles. Wow. That's a lot of miles. It got me thinking about how far I had run in 2010. And according to my "Daily Mile" stats - it appears that I logged 256 miles.

HA! Not even close to 1000 miles. However, I really wasn't even trying to reach that mark. After all, I only started running in March. I was just trying to run. And that's what I did.

I ran. And ran some more. And now I have a new "thing" in my life. It's kind of nice. Something just for me. Something that gives me something to aspire to. Something that gives me a goal. I never really had that before. And it's kind of nice.

Now that we are entering 2011 and I have some running months under my belt, I am going to set a goal. That goal is to run 650 miles in all of 2011. Since my mileage will be upped while I train for the half-marathon - I figure that this should be manageable. It would be nice to exceed this goal too. But since I am all about no pressure situations - I think we will stick with 650. That is a nice round number.

Happy New Year's! Hope it's a good one for everyone!

No comments: