Sunday, January 16, 2011

7 mile run - my longest yet!

Today my long run called for 7 miles. Let me start by saying that I have never run 7 miles before. The longest I have gone is 6.2. I was a little nervous - especially after my disastrous run from last week.

My running plans were definite. However - where the run was going to take place was tentative. Janis and I talked about running outside around 2 PM with some other running friends. However, we weren't crazy about the forecast which called for wind. Mmmm. I can handle cold. I don't like wind though!

When I woke up this morning, I decided to just go to the gym and run on the treadmill. It was just going to work out better with the timing since we had some other stuff going on today.
So off to the gym I went.

I started running at 5.5 and kept that pace for 3 miles. It was a nice slow pace and I actually was finding that it was a little TOO slow. So - I kicked it up to 6.2 and kept it at that pace for the last 3.5 miles. My only mishap was that the treadmill stops after 60 minutes of running. (I guess it's programmed to go into "Cool Down" mode.) So - I had to stop for a second and record what I ran for those 60 minutes and then start over again and run another 1.25 more miles.

All in all - I ran 7 miles in 1 hour, 12 minutes and 50 seconds. (Which by the way was the time that it took me to run 6.2 miles back in October.) I am picking up my speed!

Anyway - it wasn't a bad run and I felt awesome when it was over. I was so excited that I could do it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! You are an inspiration to many
Ann Marie