Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ice Skating

Tonight we headed over to our local ice skating rink for some fun on the ice.

I haven't been skating in years and years. In fact, if my memory recalls, I think the last time I skated was in 1991 right before I flew off to Spain for my semester abroad. I distinctly remember my mother begging me not to go ice skating in fear that I might break an ankle before I left the country. Anyway.

Off we went tonight. Maddie and I rented some skates and Brian and Aidan sat in the stands and watched. At first, it was a little slow going. But then Maddie got the hang of it within 5 minutes. She used a cone and was zipping around the rink. As I followed her on my skates, I had visions that my daughter was a skating natural. "I should really sign her up for lessons," I thought. Maybe I have a future Olympian! HA. Okay. I know. I let my thoughts get a little ahead of myself. But - really. She was pretty darn good for a first timer.
It was a good time. I have to admit that I was a bit tired after my hour of skating because I ran 8 miles earlier today! Yes. I ran 8 miles today! My longest yet! Very exciting. But - needless to say - after 8 miles of running and 1 hour of skating - I am tired. And a bit sore. So - there ya go. Good night!


No comments: