Monday, February 7, 2011

Little old lady

I feel like an old lady today. I feel a bit sore. My hip hurts and my leg muscles ache. That's the bad news. The good news is that I feel this way is because I ran 8.5 miles yesterday! My longest yet. Very exciting. But - I have to wonder if I am causing havoc to my body. Mmmmm.

I should feel fine tomorrow. Let's hope since I have to run 4.5 miles. AGHH!

Meanwhile, my next long run is a 9 miler. And it's going to be tricky since we have an out-of-town wedding. Not sure when I am going to fit this in. I am thinking that I might manipulate the running schedule and make it a cut-back week and run 6 miles instead of my scheduled 9. In fact, I think I need a cut-back week. It might be nice to do that. That's the great thing about having a 16 week plan. There is a little wiggle room to do things like that!

It's hard to believe that I am on week 9 of my training schedule. That means that I am more than halfway into my training! Exciting. So very exciting.

No comments: