Friday, February 25, 2011

This week

This week has gotten away from me. Here it is - Friday - and I haven't blogged in a while. It is winter break for the kids - so life has been a bit hectic this week. And to top it off, we are getting hit with snow. Lots and lots of snow.

The good news is that my foot is feeling better! It didn't feel so hot on Monday. In fact, I was hobbling around and thinking I was going to have to throw in the towel and cancel the half-marathon. That was Monday. When I woke up on Tuesday and my foot was feeling a LOT better. It was weird. Had I experienced some miracle? Perhaps. Anyway - since I was feeling so good, I decided to run. I went to the gym and ran 4 miles. There was some soreness and pain - but I got through it. I thought I might really pay for it on Wednesday. However, on Wednesday my foot felt just fine! Really. It did. So, I ran again on Thursday. I ran 4.65 miles outside and had a dandy time. And today - my foot doesn't hurt at all. Call it a miracle. Call it a fluke. Call it whatever you want. I am one happy chica to be running again. That entire week of no running made me grumpy. And now I am happy. Amazing how exercise can make you feel so good!

I have a 10 miler scheduled for tomorrow. Let's hope that the roads are clear and that I can handle the run. I feel kind of behind on my long runs. Remember. the longest run to date has been 8.5 miles. So - I am a bit nervous about running 10. We will see how it goes.

Keep your fingers crossed that this snow will be the last of this horrible, horrible winter. I am done. DONE! I need some spring!

No comments: