Saturday, February 26, 2011

Double digits!

I was scheduled to run 10.5 miles this weekend for my long run. However, considering that I was still nursing my foot, and my longest run to-date was 8.5 miles, I decided that 10 would be sufficient. I was debating about when and where I wanted to do this run. The roads outside in our neighborhood were very slushy. However, the thought of running 10 miles on the treadmill seemed mind-numbing. The other option was to wait until tomorrow. But we have plans for tonight - and I didn't want to wait until then with the risk that I might be tired.

So off I went at about 12:30. The first 2 miles started off kind of rocky. I had to stop back home at mile 1 to grab my sunglasses. Then I had to stop back home at mile 2 for an emergency potty break. But then I was on my way. The really annoying part was that there was major slush by the entrance into my neighborhood. I kind of had to dodge around the slush. The rest of the neighborhood roads were fine. I looped around and around and around and stopped every so often at my mailbox for water. (That's the advantage to running a loop in my neighborhood. I have a built in water stop!)

When I reached mile 8 I was tired. But there was no way I was going to stop. I only had 2 miles to go! I always say I can do anything for 2 miles. So I kept plugging away and I finally reached the 10 mile mark. It took me 1 hour and 52 minutes. That is about a 11:16 pace. Heck. That is a LONG time to run. But now that I have reached the double digit mark - I know for sure that I can run the 13.1!

Have a good rest of the weekend!

No comments: