Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weddings and sore feet

We were in Utica this weekend for a wedding. Sigh. I love weddings. The food. The drinks. The people. The music. It's a blast. I haven't been to a wedding in a long time. We were so happy to be there for Brian's cousin as he got married.



Anyway - before we left for the wedding - my plan was to run an easy 6 miler with my friend Elisa. However, the best laid plans often never pan out. The first mile, I was struggling with some knee pain. It worked itself out and I was cruising along until I hit mile 4.5. All of a sudden I had this horrible pain in the arch of my foot. It hurt. I tried to run through it. It got worse. We stopped and called it a run at mile 5.25. I was a little concerned but I didn't think much about it as I had to get ready for the wedding. I got dressed and we headed out. Weirdly enough, I was wearing heels and my foot wasn't bothered at all. The heel must have alleviated the pain in the arch. It wasn't until I took the heels off that I realized how much my foot was killing me.



All day today, I have been hobbling around, and icing my foot. The Happy Runner told me that she thinks it's plantar fascitis. Basically this translates to pain in the arch. The suggestion is to ice the foot, and rest the foot. And the research suggests arch supports. In the meantime, I am in a bit of a panic. What happens if I can't run again? What happens if my half-marathon plans are out the door?????



All I can say - is sniffle, sniffle.

No comments: