Monday, March 7, 2011

My 11-miler

I chartered into unknown territory on Saturday. Janis and ran 11 LONG miles. Let's just say, that it was the longest run of my life. I was not feeling the love. Remember, I was sick all last week - which meant that I missed all of my short runs.

As soon as we started, we both wanted to stop. That's never a good sign. By mile 2 we were talking about maybe cutting the run to only 6 miles. Again - never a good sign! But, we kept plugging along. By mile 5, I still couldn't believe that we were only halfway done. I was dragging.

Somehow though, we got it done. When we hit mile 9, I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. We kept going - VERY SLOW. Slower than ever. And finally, we saw the magic number. 11. Done.

And it took us 2 hours and 7 minutes. Yup. I know. It's not fast. I never claimed to be speedy. I just wanna get it done people. And I did.

And we are 25 days out from the half! Woo hoo! I can't believe it. Time is ticking and now every run counts. It's do or die people. Game on!

No comments: