Sunday, May 22, 2011

Getting my groove back

Today I completely ignored what was on the running plan schedule. I knew I had to run. But I ignored the mileage that was written in black and white. And I just ran. I decided I would try and run anywhere between 3 and 5 miles. I ended up doing 4.65 miles. And I finally got into my groove. You know - the groove that was missing since I ran the half. Yeah. That one.

Well - it finally has come back. I had a great run doing a 9:45 minute mile. Not super speedy - but I was happy that it was under 10 minutes per mile. It was a great day for a run. Not too hot. And there was a nice breeze.

I was pretty happy. I probably could have gone another mile. But I figure I will worry about upping the mileage for the Boilermaker once the Freihofer's is over.

In the meantime, I need a plan for the Boilermaker. It will be a quick plan. There will only be 4 weeks. It is going to have to have some hill training, along with some long runs to work my way back to 9 miles.

At least my confidence is restored... This runner is back in the game!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

So glad you had a great run! Sometimes the plan needs to be ignored and you need to do something for you instead.