Sunday, October 30, 2011

Seven Things Sunday

1. It snowed here this past weekend. In fact, it snowed so much that they decided to cancel Maddie's religion class. (Which I personally thought was ridiculous since we only had 3-4 inches.)

This is what we woke up to this morning.

2. Tomorrow is Halloween and we did a little decorating this morning. Instead of carving a pumpkin this year, we decided to do something a little different. Isn't he cute?



3. Tomorrow is Halloween and we are having 12 kids and 12 adults to our house for trick or treating and pizza. I am a little stressed about where everyone is going to sit and eat. But - I guess it will all work out somehow. The original plan was to have a fire in the fire pit. That was before the big snow storm came though. Now our yard is covered in snow and I am thinking that we will have to omit the fire.

4. I ran 6.6 miles yesterday. That was my longest run since the dreaded Schroon Lake half. It was a good run. I had no breathing issues and even maintained my pace on the hills. It was a little chilly though. I forgot what it was like to run in cold weather. How quickly it all comes back.

5. I tried to be a creative mommy today and made "monster cupcakes".  They didn't exactly turn out how the picture looked. This was what the original photo looked like.
Cute - huh??

And this is what mine turned out like:
Ummm. Not like the photo. Not cute. And even a little messy.
But, hey - my kids were helping me so it was bound to not be perfect.

As you can see, I had a little technical difficulty. But - hey - I tried - right?

6. I have a feeling it's going to be a long winter. And the snow from the past 2 days put me a foul, foul mood. Just sayin'.

7. Happy Halloween Eve!!! Don't let the monsters get ya!

No comments: