Monday, October 10, 2011

Wrapping up a long weekend

It has been a great weekend. Besides the fantastic weather - we had a ton of plans with family and friends.

The weekend started out with some homemade chili and a fire outside on Friday night. Then on Saturday, Brian and I headed to Utica for his cousin's wedding.
Brian and me at the wedding
 Brian's Aunt Sharon took Aidan overnight and my parents had Maddie. Aidan was a little sad at first when Brian dropped him off at Sharon's house - but he got over it pretty quick when he saw a chipmunk.

After a fun wedding, we headed back home and headed over to Felice and Owen's house for Niall's first birthday party. I felt like it was a summer party. The weather was in the 80's and everyone was hanging outside. It was a fun party.

Today I took the day off since Brian had it off and the kids were off. We headed over to Ioka Farms which is a farm that had a ton of fall fun stuff for the kids to do. We took a hayride, a train ride, saw some farm animals and picked out a HUGE pumpkin.
Maddie and Aidan with the wicked witch

My weekend ended with a great 3 mile run. I haven't had a run like that in weeks. I ran at a 9:20 pace and my breathing felt great. I was so happy! And now it's back to work tomorrow... Back to reality!

No comments: