Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday tidbits

The weather we have had this week has been unbelievable. It's like summer. In fact, it's a bit strange. All of a sudden, there are buds on the trees. The tulips are coming up. Birds are tweeting. Spring has arrived. Tomorrow, temps are supposed to go back to normal.

I have FIVE long runs left before the marathon. That's it. Five. I can count them on my hand! How crazy is that? I actually did my 12 miler this week alone. It was kind of strange. But I felt like I needed a long run alone to gather my thoughts. I went to the Niskayuna bike path and I finished my run in 2 hours and 4 minutes. I ran at a 10:09 pace - which is very fast for me! I was pleased with how I felt. Now I need to gear up for next week's 18 miler!

We have nothing major on the calendar this weekend so I guess we will be relaxing.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Time goes quickly when you count the number of long runs before a marathon! You will be great and those five will quickly dwindle to zero.