Thursday, March 1, 2012

Why I hate snow

I am not a fan of snow. So, as you can imagine I have been LOVING this winter. Loving it. And it truly has been a godsend with my marathon training.

So I kind of felt like it was a slap in the face when it started snowing yesterday. (On the last day of February). And then it kept snowing all day today (on the first day of March). And it snowed. And it snowed some more.

And it was heavy. And wet. And it reminded me why I hate snow. And then it made me grateful that we haven't had to shovel in months. So, then I felt kind of guilty for complaining. Because, really in the grand scheme of things - this winter has rocked! Mild temps. No snow. What more can a girl from the Northeast ask for?

 Exactly. So, zip it Graber. Zip your mouth and stop your bitching.

Yet, the snow still put me in a foul mood. The main reason was that I have my 18 miler scheduled for tomorrow. So today we spent a lot of time trying to figure out a back up plan. After all, what happens if we can't run tomorrow because the road is icy, slushy or snowy? The problem is that tomorrow is the ONLY day I can run this weekend. So, we kind of have to suck it up and run.

Elisa went and checked our running route and it seemed that the road was clear. So, I guess it's a go for tomorrow. In the meantime, I am so happy that we haven't had to juggle our long runs with Mother Nature.  Marathon training is tricky enough without having to deal with weather related issues. And now it's March. So - we must be in the clear. Right?

Wish me luck tomorrow! It's a big deal. Eighteen miles. How did I get here already?

No comments: