Wednesday, April 25, 2012

NYC Lottery

Back in January, I registered for the NYC Marathon. I registered just for the heck of it. I figured if by some crazy fluke, I actually got in - then I was meant to run two marathons in one year.

Then I forgot about it. Well - for the most part, I forgot about it. Once in a while, Elisa and Amanda would remind me that the drawing was at the end of April. Then I would get all nervous about it. What if I did get in and no one else I knew got in? Then I would have to run it alone. And the idea of going to NYC and getting myself to Staten Island all by myself scared me. I am SO not a city girl.

Anyway, today was the day that we found out who got in.

Before you get too excited, I should let you know that I did NOT get in. However, my friend Elisa DID get it!  She has tried for a few years to get in. I am so excited for her.

And I am even more excited that I wasn't picked. I think that would have been too much for me to handle if I had found out that I got in to another marathon before I even run my FIRST marathon? Talk about the pressure!

So - now I can rest easy. No NYC marathon for me this year. But - I am thinking about Philly for 2013. Now - that might be fun...

No comments: