Friday, April 27, 2012

One more run

The plan is to run 10 miles this weekend. Easy, peasy. Right? After all, 10 miles is nothing compared to my 13, 14, 16, and 18 mile runs. It should be easy. Yet, I really don't want to do it. For one reason, it's really cold outside. And the other reason is that I just don't know when I am going to fit it in.

This weekend is crazy busy for us. And it started with today. I took the day off and chaperoned Maddie's field trip to Shaker Hancock Museum. Let's just say that it was exhausting. I was in charge of 5 kids. And they all ran in different directions. They all wanted to go somewhere different. And they all were very loud. I had a headache one hour into the trip. And I even lost one of them for a short period of time. Okay. He wasn't really lost. He was in the barn with the rest of us, but he happened to be in the pen with the baby sheep and Mrs. L. found him and had to return him to me. Needless to say, it was a bit stressful.

This is what I wanted to do today while the kids
all ran in different directions!
After returning home, I wanted to nap. Instead, I had to pull it together and get ready to bring Maddie to her Awards Ceremony for Girl Scouts. This is a 90 minute event and I basically just want to bring my pillow and blanket and go to sleep. Yes. It is that exciting.

I felt as excited as this baby at the
 Awards Ceremony.

Anyway - the rest of the weekend includes Maddie's softball game, Maddie's dance photos, dine around, and the Daisy Dash - which is a 1/4 mile run with Maddie.

Oh, and yes. That 10 mile run. I have to squeeze that in somewhere. Right??? Yes. Right.

And after that, my long runs will be complete and it's pure coasting until marathon day.  Have a great weekend.

No comments: