Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bubble, outfit and Captain America!

Can someone put me in a bubble until the marathon?

I am walking around on egg shells afraid I am going to fall and break something or get sick before I get a chance to run.

But wait. I already am sick.

I woke up yesterday with a sore throat. It was the kind where it felt like I was swallowing knives. Yes. That's how much it hurt.
Can I walk around like this lady in this
protective bubble until Sunday?


Fortunately, today the sore throat is gone. However, I am now sneezing, coughing and feeling rather lousy. I am taking Zicam. And it's not really helping. I still feel like capooey.

I know that I have 4 more days to rest up before the big marathon. But typically when I get a cold - it lasts for a full 7-8 days. So I am kind of freaking out. I really don't want to run 26 miles when I can't breathe through my nose.

I find it ironic that in 16 weeks of training, I haven't been sick at all. And now - the week before the big day - I am sick. Interesting. Is someone trying to tell me something?

Anyway - in other news - I finalized my marathon outfit! Here it is!



The ironic thing about this outfit is that I bought the skirt and the shirt separately and they both happen to be Nike Dri-Fit. I bought the skirt at Marshall's. Then, weeks later (after I bought the skirt) I went to Dick's to find a tank top. And the tank that happens to match PERFECTLY is also Nike-Dri-Fit! It's funny how these things work out!

And that's that. I will think positive thoughts and I will get myself better!

Until then, I will leave you with my cute little Captain America!


No comments: