Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer fun

Today is the first day of summer. It was also Maddie's last day of school.

It's hard to believe I have a SECOND grader. Yup. It was a bittersweet week for me. Maddie will not be returning to public school in the fall. Instead, she will be attending a catholic school. That was a hard decision to make - but I think it will be good for her. It was hard to let go of her school though. We were so happy with the teachers she had, and the friends she made. I am sure in September, I will have a small lump in my throat when she doesn't return there.

Summer camp doesn't start until July 2nd. In the meantime, she will be going to Miss Lynne's house with Aidan. She always loves going there. After all, Miss Lynne used to be her preschool teacher!

In case you haven't heard, we are having a major heatwave here in the Capital District. Yes. It has been hazy, hot, and humid. It is supposed to cool down by Saturday. And I sure hope it does. I have a 7 mile run scheduled, and we have our first neighborhood block party. It will be NO fun if everyone is standing around sweating.

My plan is to have some summertime fun. The fun starts tomorrow with a tubing trip on the Battenkill. I took the day off and Brian and I are having an "adventure" date. We are going to rent some tubes and float down the Battenkill. I hope it's a good time. I have heard great things about it.

Other day trips that we have planned, include a trip to Fort Ticonderoga, and Howe Caverns. We are even planning a trip to the Great Escape with some other friends. And of course, we have Brian's 40th birthday party in July, and our annual family vacation at the end of the summer,

Here's to a great summer!

No comments: