Sunday, July 29, 2012

Running

It has been a while since I blogged about running. I should let you know that my half marathon training plan is in full swing.  I am in week 5, and I am ahead of the game with my long runs. My plan this week called for 6.5 miles, and I managed to do 8.5. And let me tell you - it was a tough run.My breathing was off due to the humidity, and I was running with some fast women!

I feel like I need to step it up a bit if I want to PR for my October half. I have kind of been taking it easy and not really pushing myself. I need to get it in gear if I am going to finish under 2:20.

I really don't have a ton of races planned before the half. In fact-  I haven't registered for anything! I am debating about doing the Clove Run which is in August. I did the 10 mile race last year, and I could do it this year as a training run. And there happens to be a 5K in Stone Harbor the week that we are on vacation. I think I might do that for fun. Other than that - I am just relaxing and not going too crazy with races.


No comments: