Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A cluster of a week

How come everything happens at once?

This week is crazy busy as we are trying to get ready to go on vacation. Prepping for vacation is like a job. It really is. The packing. The food shopping. The packing for the dog since she will be going to Brian's brother's house. Oh, and the constant craziness of checking weather.com so I can wonder whether another hurricane will be coming like last year. (Luckily, there are no hurricanes coming). Anyway - all this prepping takes time.

Meanwhile, I am trying to wrap up work stuff. And you know how that is right before you go away. Wrapping up work stuff is like cramming 2 months of work into one week.

And then it just so happens that Aidan's daycare is closed this week. And Maddie is done with camp. So there was a bit of juggling this week with the kid situation. Luckily, I was able to send Maddie to a local vacation bible school that runs all week from 9 AM - noon. And Aidan is at a camp that is also this week from 9 AM - noon. Then my in-laws took the kids on Tuesday afternoon and they are taking them on Friday afternoon too.  Phew.

It is a bit of a challenge to be fabulous this week.
So - yes. It has been a bit of a nutty week. Shuffling the kids here and there, working, and packing. I am ready to get the heck out of dodge.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that it's consignment week? Yup. That is the other crazy thing that is happening. Normally the Pass it on Sale is held during the second week of August. However, the location changed this year and this caused a date change. So...yeah. It is going to be held this weekend. This means that drop-off is tomorrow. And consignor shopping is Friday afternoon. Mmmm. How will this work out? Can I really justify shopping the day before I leave for vacation?

Really, the answer to that question is no. I probably shouldn't do that. That probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The good news is that Maddie will be wearing a uniform this year. So she really doesn't need a whole lot of stuff. And Aidan has his cousin Evan's hand-me-downs. So, really...I don't need to shop. But, I like to shop. And I didn't get to shop in March. So - darn it. The timing kind of stinks.

Anyway, it will all get done. It always does. Right? Us women can get it done!

No comments: