Friday, May 31, 2013

May recap and race goals for Freihofer's

My mileage for the month of May was 68 miles. I was hoping for a little bit more - but I got a little sidetracked yesterday and today with Maddie's birthday. Oh, and that damn heat. All thoughts of running outside went out the window because the temps are in the 80's and 90's.

Anyway, I was happy about my monthly mileage since it was up from last month (just by 3 miles).
But, hey. I will take it.

Now. For tomorrow. I am about to run one of my favorite races of all time - The Freihofer's Run for Women. Looking back at my time for last year, I ran it in 26:39. However, if I recall, the weather was not nearly as hot as it is supposed to be tomorrow.

So, what does that mean for me?

I am not sure. The race starts at 9:45. Grrr. Why so late? Races should being at 8 AM when it is still fairly cool. To me, a 9:45 race might as well be at 2 PM. But, since I am not the race director, I guess I will have to just live with the 9:45 time frame.

The weather for tomorrow is supposed to be in the high 80's with a whole bunch of humidity.

Blech.

So...Here are my goals:

A. To beat my time from last year and run it in 26:39 or better.
B. To run it in 27 minutes
C. To run it in 28 minutes
D. To not pass out and melt into the pavement from the heat

And that's that. I hope all the runners tomorrow have a great race!



No comments: