Sunday, May 26, 2013

The bathroom makeover

We have lived in our house for almost 6 years. In that time, we have NEVER painted our master bathroom. We finally decided it was time.

First Brian painted the vanity. Originally it was white. We decided to paint it black.






Then we chose the wall color. We decided to go with a light purple. I have to admit that I like the black against the purple. It feels very spa-like and serene.


Then of course I had to go out and get purple towels and a purple curtain, and a purple bath mat.
Let me tell you finding purple curtains was NOT easy.  I thought I would find some at JC Penney  - but apparently they have totally changed their window treatment department. They had about half the inventory that they used to have. Very disappointing. I also couldn't find any at Target, or Boscov's. So- I was lucky to snag this one at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

The final result - a new bathroom! I never thought I would have purple walls in my house. But it works! And I am happy!

No comments: