Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Free dining means big savings

Ever since we booked our Disney trip, I have been on the lookout for the fall promotion. In the past, Disney has come out with a free dining plan promotion. I wasn't sure if it would happen again this year. But, just last week, the announcement was made! It was on. Free dining for most of September.

I was all over it. After all, this is what I was waiting for!

The first thing I did was call Southwest. Was it possible to switch my flight without spending an huge amount of money? Why, yes. Yes it was. Southwest rocks. They have no change fees. And luckily, the price was the same to change dates.

The next thing I did was call the travel agent. After chatting with her, I was able to tack on an extra night, upgrade our hotel to one of the moderate resorts, and get the free dining plan. And I saved us almost $1000.

Yup. That is big money. How excited am I?

Pretty darn excited.


No comments: