Friday, April 18, 2014

Celebrations and spring break

It has been an exciting month here in the Graber household. After all - it was birthday month. And anniversary month. Yippee! April is always an exciting month. But this year it was especially awesome be because it was my 40th birthday and our 10th wedding anniversary. Those are some big milestones.

So - what better way to bring in age 40 by celebrating? That's right. And there were lots of celebrations.

To start off the month, some of my best girlfriends and I went to brunch on a Sunday morning. We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and made a lot of comments about how we really need to incorporate breakfast as a routine thing. I mean - how lovely to chat with the girls, and enjoy a morning - without kids. It was so peaceful and quiet. Yes, we will be doing that more often for sure. After brunch, we went to the spa and treated ourselves to pedicures. The girls brought champagne and we had mimosas. What a wonderful morning. I am a lucky girl to have some amazing friends.

Then, a few weeks later, Brian threw a 40th birthday party for me at a local bar in downtown Albany.  We had some food, and some drinks, and some live acoustic music. It was great! Lots of friends. Lots of love. What more could a girl ask for on her 40th?

Starting the night off with a little pre-party at my house.

At Blue 82 - all the ladies

Brian, me and Will



The boys

As if the night couldn't get any better, we ended the night by riding a bull. Yes - I rode the mechanical bull. It was something I always wanted to do. And really - when else was I going to do it? I mean, it's not like I get out much. So, to the bull we went. We all rode it. And we all fell off. And then the bull broke. And that was the end of that.


After recovering all day on Sunday from a VERY late night, it was time for spring break. The kids were off  and we have had some fun. We took a road trip to Rochester overnight where we visited friends. We went to the Strong Museum of Play, went to dinner, and then I met up with one of my work friends on Tuesday morning.  The rest of the week included the movies, a playground playdate, and the Bounce House.

Then, yesterday Brian and I went to dinner for our anniversary. Our real 10 year anniversary celebration will come in a few months, when we head off to Jamaica (with no kids!) Gasp!  Can we fast forward to July? Pretty please?

Anyway - that's a whole lot of stuff going on. But it's all good stuff. Fun times. And now it's Easter weekend. I will spend tomorrow morning running 12 miles, and then getting ready for Easter.

I leave Monday for a week for a work trip. So I have to pack also. In between that, I promise I will find time to breathe.

Happy Easter. Happy spring!

No comments: