Saturday, October 8, 2016

Why I am a crier

I come from a long line of criers. The Hughes family is noted for their crying.

My Bumpa used to get emotional, and  my dad and his brothers get emotional. So, I guess it's no surprise that I have inherited this curse trait.

I noticed that in the past 5 years, my crying has gotten more...escalated. And I blame this on my kids. Yes. Well, I shouldn't say I blame it ON them. But I blame my increased crying on the fact that I am a mother.

Once I became a mother, all bets were off. And as my kids have gotten older, my emotions have increased.

For instance, I cry at EVERY school event. My kids come out on the stage, and they start singing, and the water works start. I mean, who doesn't cry when your 1st grader starts singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" when it's Flag Day? Right? I mean seriously. Break out the tissues. There is something about a group of angelic voices singing that just makes me break down.

And let's talk about when your daughter comes out on the stage for dance when it's recital day. Maddie has been dancing since she was 3. So I am very used to recitals. But yet, every single year, I cry when her dance group comes out. Maybe it's the culmination of the whole year. Maybe it's pride. Maybe it's the music. Whatever the reason, I need to break out the tissues as she tap dances.

And don't even get me started when we are watching "America's Got Talent." I mean...the stories these people have. They are all so...compelling. And I cry. And my kids look at me like I am weird and they roll their eyes, and say, "Mom's crying again!"

Anyway...I will not be ashamed. It is what it is.

On a side note, I can't believe how long it has been since I blogged. That could also make me cry. But, I will swallow my tears, and make a resolution to blog more!



No comments: