Thursday, March 4, 2010

On a roll

I am on a roll. For three days straight, I have been on a strict treadmill routine. I started out with an easy walk for 5 minutes. When I hit the 5 minute mark, I started to run. I ran and ran. For 90 seconds. Then I walked for 90 seconds. Then I ran and ran and ran some more - for 90 seconds. Then I walked. Well - you get the picture. Run. Walk. Run. Walk.

I am slowly trying to build my endurance. And I think this is how you do it. We officially haven't started the running group yet. Our first group run is not until next week. But - I am trying to get a head start. I need to have some type of stamina. I don't want to be a failure to the group.

I think I am doing okay. The trick will be when I actually run outside. I think it's a little different from running on a treadmill. Wish me luck!

No comments: