Monday, April 26, 2010

Nike + Ipod Sport Kit

I took a trip to the Apple Store yesterday and purchased the Nike + Ipod Sport Kit. I was anxious to get home and try it out and as soon as Brian got in from soccer, I was out the door to "calibrate" my new toy.

Before I could do that though, I realized that I had no place to put the sensor that is supposed to go in your shoe. I guess the idea is that you need to own the Nike + shoe because those shoes have a little "pocket" in the sole of the shoe that the sensor fits into. MMMM. I just bought new running sneakers a few weeks ago and I wasn't about to run out and buy Nike sneakers just for this reason. So - I slipped the sensor in my shoe and did my calibration. The situation wasn't ideal. The sensor bugged me a bit and it wasn't totally accurate with the distance.

After I got back, I started to research a little bit more. I learned that you don't have to have the Nike + shoes. All you need is a shoe wallet! Fancy that. All I needed was a little tiny thing that attaches to your laces and the sensor fits right into it. How cool! I found one online for $5.99. I can't wait for it to arrive.

Anyway - the other cool thing about this Sport Kit is that it talks to you. When I hit the center button, the nice lady tells me my time and my distance. Meanwhile, my music fades out and then fades back in once she is done talking. LOVE IT!

I can't wait to use it more. I have a group run tomorrow night and I will be definitely bringing it. I think tomorrow we are running a full mile without stopping. Wish me luck!

No comments: