Thursday, April 8, 2010

A penny for your pee please

I was appalled by this and as I write this - I still can't believe that it's true. I felt like I was reading some type of spoof.

RyanAir is instituting a "toliet tax" on its airline where passengers will have to pay 1 Euro to use the potty. You can read about it HERE.

Seriously???? Really??? I can't even believe that this would be allowed. Maybe it's because I am flying on Sunday and paying more attention to stuff like this - but I can't get over it. How do you charge someone to use the bathroom? Going to the bathroom isn't a luxury or a want. It's a human bodily function. There should be no charge. Pee for free please!

Will they be charging us next for the use or tray tables or to read the in-flight magazine? What about if we want to use the window shade or the arm rest? That will be $5 please.

They are also charging for extra baggage. Which by the way - is no surprise. Every airline does that. Except Southwest. They don't charge for bags and they even give you free drinks and snacks. It's getting to the point where I think it might be cheaper to ship your luggage. My grandmother does that. She hates to be bothered with luggage and baggage claims - so she would ship the bag to her destination via UPS. Gotta love that idea. It might be the way to go.

Maybe we will be allowed to bring a portable potty on board. Ha. That would show them. What is happening to this world? Really. Honestly. I can't even say anymore about this.

No comments: